Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dawg Poets Society

I've been sitting on this news for a while now, but since the ever-wise Good Mayor T. Kyle King posted it up on his site, I can tell you guys that for the first time since ever, I will actually become a published writer. The book is the Maple Street Press Annual and it was headed up this year by the aforementioned Mayor.



You should do two things:

1) Pre-Order the book right now because it's only $9.99 (plus shipping), and really, you can't even get a gut load of Krystals after a bender for less than $10. I mean that's a STEAL, especially for a preseason magazine that covers everything from the on-paper tangibles to the intangibles that make up this 2011 team, season and rivalries.

2) Pay no attention to the other writers that contributed to this book. Why? Because they're all WAY better than I am and I feel totally inadequate being put with that group. We all know how well Kyle does his thing, but that list is a FANTASTIC one, full of eloquent writers, with southern flare and good humor. Seriously, this Annual is going to be great and I'm so very thrilled to be a part of it, no matter how intimidated I am.

But seriously, please do Kyle, the other writers and myself a big favor by snagging yourself a copy. You won't be disappointed.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment